Traditional Kofte with Pita Bread
Yum! Here is my traditional recipe for Kofte with Pita.
Here is what you will need:
- Ground beef (2lbs lean)
- 1 tablespoon of pepper paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- two eggs
- 1/2 cup oatmeal flower
- tablespoon of parsley flakes
- three cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of oldspice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Sliced tomato (optional)
Make the Kofte :
1. Mix with hands until all ingredients are blended in the meat.
2. Sit in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Round into oval shape and cook on grill or cast iron pan high heat. 2-5 minutes on each side depending on preference.
4. (optional) Cook sliced tomato alone in frying pan 1-2 min on each side.
Arrange pita around the serving plate. Add cooked tomato on top, add Kofte meat. Pour juices in pan on top.